Natural Looking Dental Restorations
Tooth-Coloured Fillings Canley Heights
Tooth decay can cause damage to the teeth. Tooth-coloured fillings are one way to treat them.
If these problems are left untreated, tooth decay can cause significant damage to teeth.
If we detect a tooth decay that needs to be filled, we will discuss all the available options and see if tooth-coloured fillings are good for you.
Tooth-coloured fillings restore the appearance of the tooth and are mercury-free. They require less tooth enamel removal, especially with new cavities, as the size of the hole made for the filling can be smaller for tooth-coloured fillings.
Benefits of Tooth-Coloured Fillings
Benefits of tooth-coloured fillings include:
- They can be placed in just one sitting.
- They bond with the natural tooth, which often allows the tooth preparation to be more conservative than amalgam restorations.
- Can be colour-matched to natural teeth as to copy the look and shade of natural teeth.
The Tooth Filling Procedure
Before any filling procedure, your Canley Heights dentist will discuss your options to determine which type of filling would be best for you.
During your visit, local anaesthesia will be administered in the area to numb the tooth and surrounding structures.
The decayed parts will then be removed. Once the healthy tooth structure remains, the cavity is disinfected and dried before filling material is placed.
Your Canley Heights dentist will shape and cure the filling to harden it before checking your bite and making sure it is comfortable.
Preventing Tooth Decay
Prevention is key! We recommend the following tips to prevent tooth decay and other dental problems:
- Brush two times a day. Make sure to spend 2 minutes and cleaning all surfaces of your teeth.
- Floss once daily to remove food debris from between the teeth.
- Avoid sugary foods and beverages. They increase your risk of developing cavities.
- Use fluoride- or xylitol-containing toothpaste.
- Visit your Canley Heights dentist twice a year.
Tooth-coloured Fillings in Canley Heights
In any situation, the best way to determine whether tooth-coloured fillings are best for you is to schedule a dental consultation with your Canley Heights dentist.
Don’t let minor decay result in the damage of your entire tooth. Treat decay immediately with our high-quality tooth-coloured fillings for added protection and restoration of your precious teeth.
Visit your Canley Heights dentist today!
We are located at 1/229 Canley Vale Road in Canley Heights.