Inlays and Onlays
Dental Restorations Canley Heights
Dental restorations save your teeth from developing severe damages that can affect your oral health.
Inlays and onlays replace lost or damaged tooth structures with artificial materials that possess biological, physical, and functional characteristics similar to natural teeth.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
Here are the benefits of inlays and onlays:
- Minimal removal of teeth enamel is required
- Last longer than other restorations
- Do not expand and move around compared to fillings do when exposed to temperature changes
- More stain-resistant compared to other dental restoration
The Inlay and Onlay Procedure
Receiving an inlay and/or onlay for your tooth usually takes two dental appointments.
- Once your Canley Heights dentist has evaluated that you are eligible for the treatment, the affected tooth is prepared.
- The affected part of the tooth is removed, and the tooth is properly cleaned.
- Your Canley Heights dentist takes impressions of the tooth, which are sent to a dental laboratory for fabrication.
- A temporary restoration is placed to protect the tooth while your inlay/onlay is being manufactured.
- During your next appointment, the finished direct composite resin is bonded and fitted into place.
Dental Restorations in Canley Heights
If you have one or multiple teeth that are damaged or infected by a cavity, Canley Heights Dental Care can fix it with custom-made, lifelike dental restorations, like inlays and onlays.
Visit your Canley Heights dentist today!
We are located at 1/229 Canley Vale Road in Canley Heights.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do you need restoration?
Treating the tooth early on can help prevent complications, helping patients avoid severe pain and the risk of tooth loss.