Treat Cavities with Durable Porcelain Fillings
Porcelain Fillings Canley Heights
To treat a cavity, your dentist Canley Heights takes out all the decayed parts of the tooth and then fills the remaining space with porcelain material.
Porcelain fillings give aesthetically pleasing results. Since they look like natural teeth, it is hard for anyone to tell that you might have a filling placed.
Porcelain Fillings: What can they do?
If left ignored, tooth decay can spread beyond the tooth enamel and into the sensitive areas of the tooth. Once the infection reaches the pulp, it may be too late for a filling — root canal treatment or extraction can be the only option.
This is why your Canley Heights dentist wants to fill cavities before they worsen.
During the procedure, your Canley Heights dentist scrapes away the decayed portions and fills the area with porcelain material.
Porcelain is used to restore the tooth to its normal shape so that it can function normally again.
Cosmetic Benefits of Porcelain Fillings
Porcelain is a highly desirable filling material because it’s:
- Unobvious – it’s barely noticeable!
- Durable – prevents multiple after-procedure repairs
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Chemically stable
The Porcelain Filling Procedure
During the filling procedure, you will be under local anaesthetics. Local anaesthesia numb your teeth, gums, and surrounding tissues to avoid pain and discomfort.
Your Canley Heights dentist will remove the decay and place the filling material into the space left from removing the affected parts of the tooth.
When the procedure is done, your mouth will remain partially numb for some time.
While there are no significant risks associated with porcelain fillings, be sure to keep your Canley Heights dentist’s contact details in case you have any concerns.
Practices in caring for your porcelain fillings are not far from those used to prevent cavities. Here’s what you can do:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Floss once daily
- Maintain a healthy diet, limit sugary, sticky foods
- Gargle with an alcohol-free mouthwash
- Avoid using cigarettes and other tobacco products
- Limit consumption of staining foods and beverages
- Drink water instead of acidic drinks
- Avoid biting down and chewing hard foods
- See your Canley Heights dentist at least annually for check-ups and cleanings, and more often if recommended by your dentist
Porcelain Fillings in Canley Heights
If you have one or more damaged teeth that need fixing, porcelain fillings can help! Not only they bring out excellent restorative results, but they also provide a lifelike appearance.
We are located at 1/229 Canley Vale Road in Canley Heights.