National Children’s Week at Canley Heights Dental Care
To celebrate National Children’s Week (23-31 October), Canley Heights Dental Care is reaffirming our commitment to the dental health of Australian children.
If children develop good dental habits early on, they have a good chance to keep those habits for life and avoid dental disease and the poor general health that dental neglect often leads to.
As National Children’s Week approaches, your Canley Heights dentist would like to point out the importance of parents helping children look out after their teeth from an early age and avoiding the threat of avoidable future dental work and poor health.
Healthy Dental Habits and your Child
Children need to learn how to take care of their teeth and gums at a young age.
Here’s what you can do:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Canley Heights dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Canley Heights Dental Care Can Help
Canley Heights Dental Care is committed to a comfortable, child-friendly dental experience.
To help some families, the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) has been introduced by the federal government.
The CDBS helps you keep kids’ teeth in great shape by providing some parents with up to $1,013 that you can use over a two-calendar year period on a range of dental services, including examinations, routine cleanings, tooth fillings, and root canal treatments.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Canley Heights
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 1/229 Canley Vale Road in Canley Heights.